dinsdag 30 augustus 2022

I was lost for so long, I didn’t know how I could ever find my way back to me ~ Raising Vibrations


I was lost for so long, I didn’t know how I could ever find my way back to me.

Honestly, I didn’t even think I could sometimes.
It’s not that I didn’t want to be happy or make my life better, I just didn’t know where to start..
So, instead, I chose the easiest path and looked for happiness in others.
I hoped they would make me happy and that would be enough..
I thought love and romance would cure all my ills and give me the fulfillment that I had been lacking for so long.

I sought answers in all the wrong places, expecting my relationships to be what I was missing all along,
That they would make me happy and be the answers I was looking for..

But they never did grant me the serenity I had hoped to find.
I couldn’t find happiness in love because I wasn’t happy with myself.

Truthfully, it wasn’t all the broken hearts and dead ends that forced me to look within..it was my restless spirit that still yearned for more, even when I was in a happy relationship.
It’s impossible to create a happy and lasting love story if you’re writing from a place of unhappiness.

Being single, in a relationship..those things will never change how you feel about yourself..
and I learned along the way that I needed more than just an average existence and incomplete self love to find my peace, to fulfil my soul.

It was an uphill climb, a lot of hard obstacles and battles to self awareness, but I’m slowly making my way to a happier, healthier self.
It’s never going to be easy, but I know now who I am and what I want.

I’ll never be perfect and I’m fine with that-
I don’t need anyone’s approval of who I am.
I may not know where I’m going or even how to get there, but at least I’m doing it now by loving myself.
It’s not easy, it’s not fast, but deep down, I know it will be worth it.

I don’t need anyone else to make me happy, because that’s not fair to them or me.
In the end, what will always matter the most is loving myself and always seeking the deep love that makes me feel alive and whole..

In the way another person never can.
I’m now and always will be happy with who I am..
And that’s why now, I’ll be happier than I’ve ever been.
For me, by me and because of me.

|ravenwolf